Gasket - Gasket Installation Requirements
1. The sealing gasket and flange sealing surface should be cleaned, and there should be no defects such as scratches and spots that affect the connection sealing performance.
2. The outer diameter of the gasket should be smaller than the flange sealing surface. The inner diameter of the gasket should be slightly larger than the inner diameter of the pipe. The difference between the two inner diameters is generally 2 times the thickness of the gasket to ensure the gasket after pressing. The inner edge does not protrude into the container or conduit to prevent interference with the flow of fluid in the container or conduit.
3. The pre-tightening force of the gasket should not exceed the design regulations, so as to avoid the excessive compression of the gasket and the rebound ability.
4. When the gasket is pressed, it is best to use a torque wrench. For large bolts and high strength bolts, hydraulic tensioners are preferred. The tightening torque should be calculated according to the compression of a given gasket. The hydraulic pressure of the hydraulic tensioner should also be determined by calculation.
5. When installing the gasket, tighten the nuts in order. However, the design value should not be reached once. Generally, it should be circulated for at least 2~3 times so that the stress distribution of the gasket is even.
6. For pressure vessels and pipelines with flammable and explosive media, safety tools should be used when replacing gaskets to avoid sparks caused by the collision of tools with flanges or bolts, resulting in fire or explosion accidents.
7. If the pipeline leaks, it must be replaced after the pressure reduction treatment or adjust the installation of the gasket. It is strictly forbidden to operate with pressure.